Eddie Z’s window treatment cord safety is a top priority and we continually strive to provide the very best choices possible for you and your family. Our window treatments are custom made just for you with both functionality and beauty in mind without compromising safety.
During our 25 years in business. we’ve worked closely with the Window Coverings Safety Council, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, and the Window Covering Manufacturers Association, making sure our window treatments are in compliance with the highest industry standards.
Because children and window cords don’t mix, we have provided a number of safety tips for you.
Certified Best for Kids Products
Kid Friendly Products
In October 2016, the Window Covering Manufacturers Association (WCMA) created the “Best for Kids” certification program. This program was designed to help make it easier for parents and caregivers to choose window coverings that would be appropriate for homes with children or pets. This certification is the industry’s first third party certification program and is continually looking for new ways to ensure window treatments are child and pet safe.
When replacing window coverings, Eddie Z’s recommends selecting cordless products such as:
When replacing window coverings, if there are children or pets present Eddie Z’s recommends selecting cordless products. These products are cordless and child and pet friendly:
– Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Honeycomb Shades
– Cordless Roman Shades
– Cordless Wood Blinds
– Cordless Faux Wood Blinds
– Motorized Roman Shades
– Drapery Panels
Here are some tips provided by the WCMA to ensure your home’s window treatments are child safe:
– Replace all window covering in the home made before 2001 with today’s safer products
– Install only cordless window coverings in young children’s bedrooms and sleeping areas.
– Move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys away from windows and window cords, preferably to another wall.
– Keep all window treatment pull cords, inner lift cords and back cords out of reach of children.
There are some instances where cordless products may not be the best solution for a window and in these instances the WCMA has created a check list to ensure child and pet safety.
-Tassled pull cords are as short as possible
– Keep all window cords well out of the reach of children. Eliminate any dangling cords.
– Cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit movement of inner lift cords
– Wrap the pull cord around a cord cleat which is securely mounted to the wall out of children’s reach when the blind or shade is not in use.
– Continuous cord loops are permanently anchored to the floor or wall.
– Never mount products with back cords, such as Roman and Woven Wood Shades, in windows accessible to children.
Parents and caregivers should replace older corded window coverings with today’s safer products. However, if you cannot replace older window treatments, visit https://windowcoverings.org/retrofit-your-windows/ for information on ordering free retro fit kits.
Thanks to Susan and Mr. George, my window fashion experience was worry free and flawless. I love my window treatments and will be using Eddie Z’s again very soon!
Steve Winthop , Harbor, IL
“Eddie Z’s did a great job. All the guys at the firehouse love the new window treatments. Thanks to Deb for making it happen! Thanks again!”
Derek North , Riverside, IL
They are perfect and it was a good choice. Sorry it has taken so long to write this evaluation.